Collection of personal information
We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. Our website includes links and connections to third-party services. Clicking on those links or connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party services and we are not responsible for their privacy policies. These are the types of data that we collect, either through our website or otherwise, by ourselves or through third parties:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Phone number of your emergency contact
- Invoice address
- Bank account number
- Usage data
Personal data may be freely provided or, in the case of usage data, collected automatically when using our website. Unless specified otherwise, all data requested by our website is mandatory for the availability or functioning of the website. When stated that any data is not mandatory, you are free not to disclose your data.
Collection of non-personal information
When you visit the website our servers automatically record information that your browser sends. This data may include information such as your device’s IP address, browser type and version, operating system type and version, language preferences or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our website, pages of our website that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our website, access times and dates, and other statistics.
Use and processing of collected information
We collect and store this personal information to process payments, send our newsletter, contact you directly regarding the fulfillment of our services, and fulfilling legal obligations such as tax requirements. Non-personal information collected is used only to identify potential cases of abuse and establish statistical information regarding website usage. This statistical information is not otherwise aggregated in such a way that would identify any particular user of the system and we do not use your personal data for automated decision-making systems that have a significant impact on you.
We may process personal information related to you if one of the following applies:
- You have given your consent for one or more specific purposes.
- Provision of information is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which you are subject.
- Processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us.
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. In any case, we will be happy to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Purposes of processing of collected information
We collect personal data concerning you in order for us to provide our services to you, as well as for the following purposes:
Hosting and backend infrastructure. This type of service has the purpose of hosting data and files that enable this website to run and be distributed as well as to provide a ready-made infrastructure to run specific features or parts of this website. Some of these services work through geographically distributed servers, making it difficult to determine the actual location where your personal data are stored.
Displaying content from external platforms. This type of service allows you to view content hosted on external platforms directly from the pages of this website and interact with them. This type of service might still collect web traffic data for the pages where the service is installed, even when you do not use it.
Contacting you. By registering for the mailing list, your email address will be added to the contact list of those who may receive email messages from us. Your email address might also be added to this list as a result of signing up for one of our services.
Managing contacts and sending messages. This type of service makes it possible to manage a database of contact information to communicate with you. These services may also collect data concerning the date and time when the message was viewed by you, as well as when you interacted with it, such as by clicking on links included in the message.
Information transfer and storage
Depending on your location, data transfers may involve transferring and storing your information in a country other than your own. You are entitled to learn about the legal basis of information transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by us to safeguard your information. If any such transfer takes place, you can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or by contacting us.
The rights of users
You may exercise certain rights regarding your information processed by us. In particular, you have the right to do the following:
- You have the right to withdraw consent where you have previously given your consent to the processing of your information.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your information if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
- You have the right to learn if information is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the information undergoing processing.
- You have the right to verify the accuracy of your information and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- You have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your information, in which case, we will not process your information for any purpose other than storing it.
- You have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of your personal information from us.
- You have the right to receive your information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that your information is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on your consent, on a contract which you are part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
The right to object to processing
Where personal information is processed for the public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in us or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us, you may object to such processing by providing a ground related to your particular situation to justify the objection. You must know that, however, should your personal information be processed for direct marketing purposes, you can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise user rights can be done by contacting us. To ensure that the request was done by you, make sure to enclose a copy of your ID. For privacy reasons, in this copy your photo, passport number, personal number and the machine readable zone should be blacked out. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed as early as possible and always within one month. You may also choose to file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
Privacy of children
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through our website or services. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s internet usage and to help enforce this policy by instructing their children never to provide personal information through our website or services without their permission. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us through our website or services, please contact us. You must also be at least 16 years of age to consent to the processing of your personal data in your country (in some countries we may allow your parent or guardian to do so on your behalf).
We offer electronic newsletters to which you may voluntarily subscribe at any time. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or by contacting us.
Do Not Track
Some browsers incorporate a Do Not Track feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Tracking is not the same as using or collecting information in connection with a website. For these purposes, tracking refers to collecting personally identifiable information from consumers who use or visit a website or online service as they move across different websites over time. How browsers communicate the Do Not Track signal is not yet uniform. As a result, this website is not yet set up to interpret or respond to Do Not Track signals communicated by your browser. Even so, as described in more detail throughout this policy, we limit our use and collection of your personal information.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites or third-parties. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our website and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that may collect personal information.
We secure information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure of personal information in its control and custody. However, no data transmission over the internet or wireless network can be guaranteed. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that:
- There are security and privacy limitations of the internet which are beyond our control.
- The security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and our website cannot be guaranteed.
- Any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third-party, despite best efforts.
In the event we become aware that the security of the website has been compromised or users personal information has been disclosed to unrelated third parties as a result of external activity, including, but not limited to, security attacks or fraud, we reserve the right to take reasonably appropriate measures, including, but not limited to, investigation and reporting, as well as notification to and cooperation with law enforcement authorities. In the event of a data breach, we will make reasonable efforts to notify affected individuals if we believe that there is a reasonable risk of harm to the user as a result of the breach or if notice is otherwise required by law. When we do, we will post a notice on the website.
Changes and amendments
We reserve the right to modify this policy relating to the website or services at any time, effective upon posting of an updated version of this policy on the website. When we do we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. Continued use of the website after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
Acceptance of this policy
You acknowledge that you have read this policy and agree to all its terms and conditions. By using the website or its services you agree to this policy.